Advanced Building Services, our sister company, has an immediate full-time opening for a telecom technician in West Texas. The telecom tech establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment. Knowledge on setting up, administering, maintaining and upgrading communication systems, routers, switches, firewalls, etc. Local area networks and wide area networks, IP addressing and VoIP knowledge is a plus.
Job duties include:
- Planning network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishing voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with contractors.
- Verifying service by testing circuits, and equipment; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documenting network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintaining network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintaining customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintaining safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhancing department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
To be considered, candidates must have one year of networking experience, one year of telecommunications experience, a high school diploma or equivalent, and a valid driver’s license. ABS offers competitive pay, good benefits including health, dental vision and life insurance, as well as a 401k plan. Email your résumé or questions to email@example.com to apply.
Advanced Building Services and Oilfield Instrumentation are equal opportunity employers.